2022-09-06 Board Meeting
- Location: Remote
- Date: September 06, 2022 1:00 PM (EST)
- Approval of Aug. 22 Board Meeting minutes
- Fall 2022 Meet-and-Greet recap
- Elections update
- Update on upcoming Ecology Workshop
- Updates on other upcoming workshops
- Funding for Instructor Training
- Update on IFAS Report
- Student Travel Grants
- Any other business
- Cory Brunson, Caitlin Campbell, Amanda Markee, Dellena Bloom, Audrey Smith, Amobi Amanambu, Natya Hans, Shar Siddiqui
- Meeting Chair: Caitlin
- Meeting Secretary: Audrey
*Minutes from Aug. 22nd meeting approved.
Fall 2022 Meet-and-Greet Recap
- Good turnout, went well. Good improve on setting agenda/talking points.
- Audrey will compile notes and send out, also add to event ‘to-do’ list.
- Audrey updated Elections webpage; created self-nomination & responses form; set election self-nomination period for Sept. 1-16.
- Audrey will edit self-nomination form.
- Leave self-nomination deadline date of Sept. 16; can reassess at that time and extend if necessary.
- Audrey will send out elections announcement/invitations for self-nominations email to informatics listserv.
Ecology Workshop Update
- Question of 1 or 2 day workshop- decided to leave as 2 days (Sept. 19-20).
- SQL lesson add on- decided to offer it as optional if interested.
- Workshop will be 100% virtual.
- Caitlin & Dellena will send out email solicitation for workshop volunteers within next 1-2 days.
Upddate on Other Upcoming Workshops:
- Genomics: Organized by Cory & Aidia for Oct. 10-11; in-person format. Aida will be main instructor.
- Libraries: Centrally-organized, Carpentries Org availability between ~Nov.6-12 dates available.
- Amanda will work on confirming Libraries workshop dates.
Funding for Instructor Training
- Current membership tier does not include instructor training seats.
- At the Meet-and-Greet, Kathe Todd-Brown indicated she may be able to secure funding for instructor training for students from her dept.
- Cory suggests we solicit funding from interested departments to fund students for instructor training in the future.
- Audrey- we may have instructor training seats for the 2021-22 membership year- will investigate.
IFAS Report Update
- Audrey- some text of recent reports updated; need to finalize data.
- Cory has reached out to Geraldine and will meet with her regarding finalizing IFAS reports.
Student Travel Grants
- Where do these funds come from? Audrey thinks overall Club funds that are acquired from sponsors.
- Audrey will check with Flora about the status of the Club funds and budget.
Any Other Business
- No other business introduced.
Notes for Next Meeting
- Caitlin will send a scheduling poll for the next board meeting.
- Caitlin will serve as Chair; Audrey as Secretary.
Amobichukwu Chukwudi Amanambu