- Location: Remote
- Date: Feb 16, 2021 10:00 AM (ET)
- Approve minutes from February 2nd board meeting
- Discussion of annual reports with Geraldine
- Budget discussion
- Updates on sponsorships
- Discuss next workshop for Spring
- Virtual instructor training
- Brandon, Aida, Trista, Max, Narayani, Vijay, Audrey, Amobichukwu
- Meeting Chair: Brandon
- Meeting Secretary: Audrey, Trista)
Approve meeting minutes
- Approve minutes from Feb 2nd Board Meeting
- Approved by board majority
Discssion of annual reports
- Tabled until next meeting
- -Audrey will communicate with Geraldine about reports timeline and relay information to group at next meeting if Geraldine cannot attend. Audrey is working on producing the IFAS report.
- Do we want to use any of the funds to pay for extra instructor training?
- If we have a large number of interested folks, we might want consider moving up to the Gold membership next year.
- When is our membership renewed? No one was sure the schedule for this.
Updates on sponsorships
- UFGI unable to sponsor this year; perhaps next year.
- Libraries said they will look into how they spnsored in the past and will most likely be able to sponsor again- they will get back to Brandon. -We have not yet asked IFAS for sponsorship as we need to send the annual report.
Discuss next workshop for spring
- Last meeting Geospatial workshop was proposed for late March; genetics workshop also proposed; also possibly another Intro to R workshop.
- Target late March for next workshop: March 22-23 or 29-30.
- Vijay, Trista, Audrey organize; Amobi would like to be an instructor but unavailable week of March 29-April 2. Narayani would also help plan/teach if needed.
- March 22-23 target date for Geospatial workshop. Will review workshop content at next meeting.
Virtual instructor training
- Max suggested only using the 6 slots we have and allow any additional instructor applicants to be assistants for the year and then first in line for the next year’s training
- We should consider limiting instrutors to those who will be around for a year+ to help the club.
- Brandon wants us to look at the application processs for the instructor training and prepare/open it by mid-march.
-Vijay suggests inviting people to apply for instructor trainings; at workshops include link to follow carpentries, sign up to subscribe to listserv.
-Before next meeting everyone take a look at application instructions for instructor training and determine if we need to change anything. [https://amy.carpentries.org/forms/request_training/]
Positions for next meeting:
- Next meeting: March 2, 2021
- Meeting Chair: Brandon
- Meeting Secretary: Audrey