- New semester meeting time?
- Elections update
- Intro to R workshop - September 28-29
- Other items?
- Chemometrics course (Brian update; with J. Bowden)
Carla, Elise, Alethea, Brian (last half), Eve (first half)
New semester meeting time?
- Eve will send out lettucemeet poll
- We’re going to send an announcement of elections this week (Brian will send out this announcement, per his email today)
- Social: had it been decided? On Eve’s calendar, meet and greet (digital) on the 10th at noon (Alethea has had best attendance at virtual events set at noon)
- Who is organizing the meet and greet? Eve set up zoom
- When will it be announced? Announced with the self-nomination solicitation email
- Email template for soliciting self nominations.
- Do we want a board meeting linked with the social, immediately after the social? Decided against it because too much time on zoom
- send out email reminder about self nominations
- Email today/tomorrow, meet and greet 9/10, then give people a bit of time to think it over; set the deadline to 9/17 (self nominations)
- Next board meeting TBD, depending on lettucemeet poll, meet every 2 weeks still
- Close election the following week, week of 21st (decide later, with rest of board), could close on Sept 30 - On next agenda item (try to schedule deadline the night before the board meeting)
- Plan to meet with new board around 10/5
September intro to R workshop (Sept. 28-29)
- Eve: should not be free, difficult to take attendance, what if people only show up for a short bit of time, how are they counted in attendance? Would be nice to be free, but want to make sure people show up. Could try to set up a workshop with the warning that no shows will have a penalty.
- Attendance may be more manageable for classes with fewer people (10-12 students)
- There’s a lot of demand, how much do we want to count?
- Had implemented fees initially to curb demand somewhat
- Set to vote (set deadline for vote; end of next week 9/11, so there’s still time to announce)
- Eve put together a quick website for our September Intro to R workshop. https://uf-carpentry.github.io/2020-09-28-Intro_to_R/
- Eve made a new signup sheet to send out during the first or second week of the semester. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vGdr4HEcN_gaq5cUBPePwpVT5Zv2oY2fLCTWwuej0mo/edit#gid=0
- and the schedule assignment file. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lONH71D0937eMAw1-pvGmGREM-DPKS-B6gtT6rtEbSA/edit#gid=0
- Here is the link to the intro to carpentries slides to be given first thing during the workshop. https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/18hOpvMm-l6XvfW8b8UCGRfqMn1EiFfkSmZOc39TPd5Q/edit#slide=id.g91a3aa71e6_2_148
Chemometrics course update (Brian)
- Nov. 16 and Nov. 18, 3-3:50
- Brian will update re: time of day
- Genomics workshop may have a conflict, but could do the first part of the day for genomics (Nov 16-18th)
- Any helpers interested?
- After thanksgiving, everything will be turning digital (according to reopening plan)
- Timing might be tricky, week before Thanksgiving break
- Further discuss at next board meeting
Items for next board meeting agenda
- Election updates
- Decide what date the election should close (Sept. 30th?)
- Discuss fee/cap for workshops in the fall
- Chemometrics update (Brian)
Next chair and secretary
- Decide at meet and greet next week