- Last meetings minute approval
- Expand audiences and departments
- Carpentries Instructor Training
- Geospatial prep
- Rec Workshop
- Soliciting funds
Board members: Brian Stucky,Eve Bohnett, Elise morrison, Carla Mavian (chair), Minghao Gong (secretory)
Last Meeting Minutes
- A minor point: Social science workshops
- Low representation of target audience.
- Minutes need to be adjusted
- 500$ each person (three awardees)
- Taylor proposed to use for another workshop.
- Resubmission of application from Taylor.
- Teacher has been confirmed by Alethea
- Last week, 11 persons; the number of attendances declined.
- Brian is concerned with the regular one-year routine. Possibly we can do it every other year?
- Expanding audiences to be reachable; Highlight and reworkings of instructor training.
- Circulation to other departments (e.g., EPI)
- [Priority] Spreadsheet to confirm instructors, helpers
- dates to be confirmed. April 6, 7
- The end of March
- Website is good to go
- [Priority] After springbreak, we can promote the workshop
- Dean of IFAS, preparation of regular annual report or the end of the year.
- We run workshops, do we need a written document?
- We need to know what info the reader want to know.
- Eve has nicely prepared the UFCarpentries-AnnualReport.
- Hosting workshop in UCF (proposed by Carla)
- It is workable but they need to request and allocate resources and fundings.
- Pre-workshop survey: further improve Google form for checking attendees
- Understand the affiliations of attendees precisely to understand our targeted attendees
- Better survey issues. Drop-down options? Automatic generated reports? (Elise will follow up on that)
Next board meeting
- March 17th (Tuesday 2:30 p.m.).
Officer positions (next meeting)
- Brian Stucky: Chair
- Elise Morrison: secretary