- New meeting time
- Spring social date preferences
- Travel grant apps
- Teacher training logistics
- Other workshops websites and tasks
Board members: Eve Bohnett (chair), Brian Stucky (secretary), Vratika Chaudhary, Minghao Gong
New meeting time
- Eve has the informatics room booked for the semester on every other Tuesday at 2:30.
- We’ll have the next meeting in a week (January 14), then biweekly after that.
- The informatics room is booked for January 29 from 11:30-1:30 for our spring social.
- Eve created a draft poster to announce the social. She is going to make a few changes and then share with the rest of the board for printing and posting.
- We will have a short slideshow running in the background during the social. Depending on attendance, we could also deliver a short presentation from the slides. Eve will set up a Google Slides presentation that we can all work on collaboratively.
- At the next board meeting, we should discuss doing a social at EPI.
Spring Instructor Workshop
- The February date is out. It took too long to hear back from Carpentries about instructor availability, and now there is too little time to organize the workshop.
- We will target early March, assuming we can get a timely response about instructor availability.
- Eve is setting up a Google sheet to start organizing the workshops and decide who is doing what. She will circulate among the board.
- Once we have organizers assigned, we can set the workshop dates.
- Carla and Vratika are working on organizing the spring travel grants.
Next board meeting
- Tuesday, January 14, 2:30 PM
- Eve will be chair, Brian will be secretary.