2019-10-29 Board Meeting
- Introduction of new member
- Last meetings minute approval
- Updates about the November workshops
- Intro to data analysis and version control
- Instructor meeting
- Dealing with priority registration as far as IFAS is concerned
Board members: Jenicca Poongavanan (secretary), Vratika Chaudhary (chair), Brian Stucky, Eve Bohnett, Elise Morrison Guest: Taylor, Dimitri Bourikov
Last meeting minutes
- Introduction to R workshop
- 7 people registered so far.
- No emails from the Grad school so far.
- Send emails regarding the workshops to the different department we can have access to.
- Instructor meeting this Thursday, time TBA through email.
- Coverage per time block/curriculum
- Genomics Workshop
- There is a website ready to be send out.
- Send it to Alethea, she will send out to the necessary list servs.
- Around 3 to 4 signed up so far
- 3 instructor so far. No helpers signed up yet.
- Alethea taking care of food etc
- Gathering info on registration fees. Taylor will change and accomodate the survey link data carpentry has already set up.
Workshop - survey
- Creating a survey that can be recycled to different workshop
- One of the workshop asks about what is preventing you from attending the workshop. Fees is something that came up.
The Social - Spring
- The intention is to try find a low pressure environment to meet up with people and talk about Data Carpentry. An informal encouter to whom we can get to be.
- The announcement should be clear. The announcement was not sent to a big population.
- Gaurav is the person to be contacted for the Data Carpentry Social Media platform.
- Next Social - beginning of spring semester
Instructor meeting - (Pre-Thursday)
- Survey response - Fees is too high. They would apply for a fee waiver.
- We should maybe allow a certian amount of fee waiver in the future.
- Do we decrease the fees? We will wait to hear back from the survey after the November Workshops.