Please remind me if you attended.
- Selection of chair, secretary, treasurer roles for this semester
- Updates on Carpentries org administration
- Dev’s workshop in Feb schedule
- Workshop organizer for March DC workshop (may overlap with Dev’s, to discuss)
- Advertisement of instructor workshop (and others) - currently 11 applicants
- Application criteria for instructor training
Selection of chair etc.
No one had a strong preference. With everyone expected to rotate, random assignment is good enough. If anyone wants a specific role, they can ask for it. MJC want treasurer Mar - May to work on setting up travel grants.
Instructor training ad
Send to ad to more places:
- R listserve - Justin
- UF Grad list - Greg Orloff, at grad school, firstname.lastname@example.org - MJC
- UF RC list - Miao
Email the board to be ready to review on the 14th. Close on 14th.
Instructor application criteria
Existing emails and discussion have been good: diversity (in many senses), final preference should be UF folks, Hao’s comments in ticket #3
Dev plant science workshop
We’ve had trouble filling workshops, can Dev fill his with his own people? Need to canvas instructors to see who’s available.
- Several people had heard about Carpentry Con and were interested in going. Do we want to put together a pitch for funding and a group of attendees? IIRC Justin Millar said he may be able to get funds through the R meetup group.
- Simona wants to pick a date for the FLREC workshop - go ahead and propose and see who’s available
- Follow up to “see who’s available” - discussed a public spreadsheet or something where people can sign up for instructor slots - Simona will make
- MJC - Email list about Carpentry Con registration
- MJC - Email the teaching-l how to get on the Carpentry clippings summary list so everyone else can keep up with the Carpentries too.
- MJC - Random assignment of new board roles for Mar - May.
- Simona - Make instructor signup sheet for future workshops
- MJC - Follow up with Dev, sit down and do it. Email Alethea about how account transfers can work.